Grow automotive industry in Pakistan to globally competitive levels by 2040.
Encourage and promote automotive related innovations throughout the country and transform them into commercial products and services; and to serve as R&D
wing for the automotive industry to help solve their technological problems.
CONSORTIUM OF UNIVERSITIES
- National University of Science and Technology (NUST),Islamabad
- National College of Arts (NCA),Lahore
- DHA Suffa University (DSU),Karachi
- Capital University of Science and Technology (CUST),Islamabad
- NED University of Engineering and Technology (NEDUET), Karachi.
ANNUAL INNOVATION EVENT
Sir Syed University of Engineering and Technology (SSUET), Karachi will hold annual automotive innovation event on October 18 & 19.
FEATURED PROJECT – DEMO CAR
- One of the key initiatives of DICE Automotive Innovation center at NUST, Islamabad.
- Sub-compact segment with focus on affordability & competitive performance.
- Focus on indigenous engineering and development using methods, tools, and techniques that are in line with cutting edge international standards.
- Variant approach – conventional and electric variants using same platform.
- Faculty and students from consortium of universities working in a matrix structure with support of expatriates from US, Canada, UK, and Germany.
PHASE I: Exterior and Interior Styling concept Completed
- Team at NCA completed exterior and interior styling concept for demo car
- DICE Foundation and Najeeb Nayyer (entrepreneur and founder in Pakistan) signed an MoU on March 13, 2019 forming strategic partnership in support of Demo Car project. Under this MoU, a full-size model representative of exterior and interior styling is being developed.
PHASE II: Conventional and Electric Test Prototypes > In-Process
- Chassis components being designed and analyzed by DHA Suffa, Karachi
- Electrical subsystem and components being designed and analyzed by DHA Suffa, Karachi:
- Battery Electric Variant System design and simulation being done by NUST, Islamabad
- Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Computer-Aided Engineering (CAE) models are being developed for design refinement before building test properties and fully functional prototypes.
PHASE III: Fully Functional Prototype Planned
- Fully integrated and functional prototype representative of:
- Styling – Exterior and Interior
- Features – Comfort and Convenience
- Performance – Acceleration & Speed. Ride & Handling, Noise & Vibration Based on learnings from Phase I & II prototypes.